Skip Main Navigation
- Students will investigate the worldwide obesity epidemic, including factors that contribute to obesity.
- Students will investigate nutrition, portion size and marketing of fast food.
- Students will analyze nutrition data from national fast food children's meals.
- Students will conduct macromolecule testing on fast food and then analyze their data, draw conclusions and communicate their findings.
- Students will investigate how the obesity epidemic is playing out on a global level and will look at fast food in different cultures.
- Students will develop attractive and functional packaging for a children's meal.
- Students will use the engineering design process to create a healthy alternative to a typical fast food children's meal and test it with an authentic audience.
- Students will design a visually appealing advertisement for their children's meal.