Over the course of the lesson, students will have the opportunity to explore the following questions:
1. What is obesity?
2. What role does fast food play in the global obesity crisis?
3. What is the relationship between calories and obesity?
4. Should state governments have the authority to regulate portion size in restaurants?
5. What role do different nutrients play in maintaining a healthy diet?
6. What are the basic healthy eating guidelines recommended by the U.S. government?
7. How are consumers influenced by marketing?
8. What responsibility do restaurants have to offer healthy meal options?
9. How can the engineering design process be used to develop solutions to real-world problems?